COVID-19: Support and services in the Scottish Borders, East Lothian, Mid Lothian and West Lothian and Edinburgh
We understand that COVID-19 is having a serious impact on the lives of women who sell/exchange sex. Below you can find information on key services in the SCOTTISH BORDERS, EDINBURGH AND LOTHIANS who are able to provide support with housing, money, food, sexual health, and wellbeing.
This list is being continually updated. If you need information about a service/topic that is not currently listed, please let us know here
Housing, Energy & Money
- Local Council – contact on 0300 100 1800 including for Crisis Grants under Scottish Welfare Fund for a telephone appointment. Find Updates on COVID 19 and support service using the link
- Council Out of Hours Emergency Homelessness contact 01896 752111
- Citizen’s Advice Bureau - are also providing non face to face support
- East Lothian Council - Welfare Rights contact 01620 827827; Out of Hours emergency contact 0800 169 1611.
- Citizens Advice Bureau - providing telephone and email support - 01620 824471
- Council Welfare Rights - Officers: 0131 2708922; Out of Hours emergency homelessness 0131 663 721.
- Citizens Advice Bureau - telephone support 0131 660 1636 and updates on their Facebook via the link
- Council - General and Out of Hours emergency 01506 280000; Online contact using the link
- All updates COVID 19 and support services can be found using the link
- Citizen Advice - on 01506 432977; email using the link
- City Council – for all up to date information, For help and advice, email email@example.com
- Office at 249 High Street is closed. For welfare, benefits and debt matters, please email the team at Advice.firstname.lastname@example.org
- All council services telephone numbers can be found at here
- Emergency out of hours housing 0800 032 5968. All other out of hours number can be found here
- Citizen Advice - operating only phone advice 0131 510 5510
- Hawick Salvation Army Foodbank – please get in touch with Click and we can make a referral for you or alternatively by a health or social care profession, and food parcels for the area are currently organised to be delivered to your door-step.
- Galashiels Foodbank – please contact Click and we can make a referral or alternatively by a health or social care professional.
- For ALL other foodbanks and who can make a referral on your behalf please see here
- West Lothian Foodbank- various locations and openings are constantly changing, for updates visit their Facebook page using the link.A Click worker can make a referral for you, or a health or social care support professionals
- East Lothian Foodbank - based in Tranent but services the whole of East Lothian. Open Monday to Friday 10am to 2pm. Those in need can be referred by any East Lothian Council department, Citizens Advice Bureau, any health care or social care worker or by any recognised support organisation. Once referred, parcels can be collected from the premises in Tranent or delivered by volunteers.
- Mid Lothian Foodbank - A Click worker can make a referral for you, or a health or social care support professionals
- The Broomhouse Food Bank - email email@example.com or call 0131 443 6223
- Edinburgh Food Project – From 31st March, temporary move to a delivery service. Foodbank CLOSURES include: South Queensferry, Pilton, Rannoch, Grassmarket, Broughton, Prestonfield and Craigmillar. Tollcross will remain OPEN Monday 2pm-4pm and Thurs 10am-12noon, Central Hall, 2 West Tollcross, EH3 9BP
Update on 24/03/2020
ALL Drop-in clinics will be cancelled until further notice. Online booking suspended. Phone 01896 663700. It may be that advice is given over the phone without making an appointment if staff think it is safe for you to wait.
All walk-in cancelled. For up to date info check the link, Alternatively, phone 0131 536 1070 between 10am and 12.30 and 1pm and 3pm Monday to Friday.
- Coronavirus Support and Volunteers to Help Vulnerable in Oswestry + Borders facebook group
- Midspace - Online resource for mental health and wellbeing information
- Eastspace - Online resource for mental health and wellbeing information
- Westspace - Online resource for mental health and wellbeing information
- Edspace - Online resource for mental health and wellbeing information
You can request a call back from your local Women's Worker here.