COVID-19: Support and services in Dundee and Angus
We understand that COVID-19 is having a serious impact on the lives of women who sell/exchange sex. Below you can find information on key services in DUNDEE AND ANGUS who are able to provide support with housing, money, food, sexual health, and wellbeing.
This list is being continually updated. If you need information about a service/topic that is not currently listed, please let us know here
- WRASAC - Changes to helpline information. (01382) 205556 is a live support helpline during the hours of 10-16:00 Monday-Thursday and 19:00-21:00 Wednesdays. (01382) 201291 is for women to leave voicemails on to include contact details for a WRASAC worker to then return the call and provide the support.
- Postal order naloxone service - Hillcrest Futures can be contacted on 01382 200532, Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (IEP and naloxone). We Are With You can be contacted on 07760755673, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (naloxone only). Orders for injecting equipment can so be made online at bit.ly/TaysideIEP
- Shelter Dundee -Our Dundee Community Hub is a one-stop-shop for anyone who is homeless, facing homelessness or needs advice about a housing related problem.
- Caledonia - Our main aim is to provide high quality housing that is both affordable and sustainable, and a variety of specialist and person centered services
- Abertay Housing Association - Our purpose is to provide social housing to people in housing need. In addition, we are involved in various wider role activities.
- Hillcrest - We provide housing and support in Dundee, Edinburgh, Angus, Perthshire, Fife and Aberdeen, and we have over 6000 good quality, well maintained homes at affordable rents.
- Sexual Health Tayside - Free confidential, self-referral service for everyone of any age for a variety of sexual health needs
- NHS Tayside - Drop-in services are no longer provided, and cancellations of booked appointments are also expected. If you require urgent advice (e.g. if you have symptoms or are running out of contraception or medication) please call 01592 647979
- Kirriemuir Health Centre - Sexual health service delivery
- Dundee Foodbank – Red voucher system has been temporarily suspended. Referal are accepted by phone only on 01382 690540
- Angus Foodbank – Continuing to provide emergency food parcels to those in need
- RockSolid Community Larder – Find the latest information on their Facebook page
- Wellbeing Dundee - Wellbeing works Dundee promotes better wellbeing for those who face mental health challenges.
- Mindspace - Mindspace provide Counselling and psychotherapy for adults, young people and groups in Perth and Kinross
- Penumbra - Penumbra is one of Scotland’s largest mental health charities
- Libby App – Access to free ebooks and audio books from Dundee Central Library
- Dundee University - Update for current and new students
The local Women's Worker for Dundee & Angus is Linzi. You can request a call back here.