COVID-19: Support and services in Argyll and Bute
We understand that COVID-19 is having a serious impact on the lives of women who sell/exchange sex. Below you can find information on key services in ARGYLL AND BUTE who are able to provide support with housing, money, food, sexual health, and wellbeing.
This list is being continually updated. If you need information about a service/topic that is not currently listed, please let us know here
Housing, Energy & Money
- Argyll and Bute Council – Coronavirus Helpline for financial help, food and prescriptions for vulnerable people. Debt advice on 01546 604176 or Welfare Rights on 01546 605547
- HOME Argyll – Housing Options service online, or contact Argyll and Bute Council Housing services on 01631 572180 or email. The Council can also help with energy advice through the Housing service.
- Argyll and Bute Citizens Advice Bureau – Financial, legal and housing advice via telephone or contact here
- Bute Advice Centre – Welfare, energy and housing advice by telephone. Call and leave a message on 01700 502784 for a call back
- Helensburgh and Lomond Foodbank – Helensburgh Red Cross Hall Mon&Fri 10-12pm Thurs 6-8pm, Rosneath Howie Pavilion Wed 1-3pm. These services are drop-in, no referral needed.
- Kintyre Foodbank – Open Mon,wed,fri 11-12pm, Social work also hold food parcels and can be reached on 07585991670
- Bute Oasis Foodbank – call 01700 502272 for a food parcel delivery
- Oban Hope Kitchen – Food deliveries for those self-isolating on 01631 565730 money donations accepted from those able to contribute, food parcels available for collection/delivery
- Please also see Argyll and Bute Council Coronavirus Helpline if you are unable to go out for food
- Argyll and Bute Sexual Wellbeing – sexual health advice and information online, clinic information can also be found via the link (Dunoon service is currently unavailable)
- Waverly Care – Argyll and Bute service via online chat (then can provide support via telephone/text). Unfortunately their condoms and lube by post service is suspended; for more information on how you may be able to access these see here
- Kintyre Link Club – Online resources for wellbeing, run by members for members
- ACUMEN– Online resources for mental health and wellbeing, as well as information of services and how they can support during COVID-19
- Healthy Argyll and Bute – Online resources for mental health and wellbeing
- Community Mental Health Teams – contact details for CMHT across Argyll and Bute